Perfect for Parties, Great as Gifts

Perfect for Parties, Great as Gifts
Looking to hire me for a party or special event? email me at kathyebailey@aol.com !

Sunday, March 25, 2007

first posts

First Post -

I started this Blog some time ago on myspace but found out I can post pics here! Yay! so I am repositng all of my old posts. This one Is from last year, December I think.
__________________________________________________________

So here I am, and here's my first post. Why do I feel like such a LOSER??

My art SUCKS. I should have gotten the blogspor, myartsucks.com

HA!

If you're an artist, then you know what I'm talking about. Because one minute I think whatever I'm working on is pretty good. Not great, but good. Then I go online and see more incredible work than I could ever do and I despair.

Then I try to give myself a pep talk - you know, Vincent Van Gogh taught hmself to draw, you can see it in his early work (he's my hero, except for the whole cut-off-his-own-ear-and-mail-it-to-his-ex thing). Everyone had to start somewhere, right?

The problem is, I DID start somewhere, about 15 years ago. Problem was, I got lost somewhere along the way. I got stuck in a rut and started making drawings people would like, instead of making them for myself. I got so stuck I began hating drawing.

Then I went to the NCN convention and everything changed overnight. Anyway, I am teaching myself to exaggerate. This is something I literally never learned how to do, even though I've been a "caricaturist" since 1999.

And Now I've got to learn how to draw all over again. ARGH.

Anyway, if you are like me and you are jsut learning, I hope this blog helps you in some way. And if you are readng this and have any help to offer, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

C&C ALWAYS APPRECIATED!

-KD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel free to post! I love feedback :)