Perfect for Parties, Great as Gifts

Perfect for Parties, Great as Gifts
Looking to hire me for a party or special event? email me at kathyebailey@aol.com !

Saturday, March 31, 2007

on being a nerd

http://www.paulgraham.com/nerds.html

I didn't write this, but I thought it was fitting. I am a nerd. Always have been one. Too smart for my own good. I remember moving when I was 13 - I remember the exact moment when I was branded a nerd. I was in French class. I happen to come from French lineage, I have a little knowledge of the language. The teacher asked a question - I remmeber the answer was "apostrophe," so I raised my hand and in my best accent, answered, "L'apostrophe". All heads, every single one, swiveled to look at me. And that was it. I was branded. Life was pure torture after that.


-KD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel free to post! I love feedback :)